- What Is Deferred Adjudication Under Texas Law?
- When Does The New Law Regarding DWI Deferred Adjudication Go Into Effect In Texas?
- How Can This New Law Affect First-Time DWI Offenders In Texas?
- Will The New Law Impact Past DWI Convictions In Texas?
- What Is The Process To Apply For A Non-Disclosure Of My DWI In Texas?
- How Can An Attorney Get A DWI Charge Dismissed?
- I Was Stopped And A Drug Dog Sniffed Out Drugs In My Car. Will The New Hemp Laws Affect My Case?
- Is It Possible To Get Deferred Adjudication On A DWI Charge In Texas?
- How Can My DWI Charge Be Reduced In Texas?
- How Long Does A DWI Case Take To Get Resolved In Texas?
- How Can An Ignition Interlock Device Impact My DWI Case?
- How Does A Prior DWI Arrest Impact My Current Case If There Wasn’t A Conviction?
- Is My Driver’s License Automatically Suspended After A DWI Arrest?
- What Does The Prosecution Have To Prove To Prosecute Me For A DWI?
- What Are Field Sobriety Tests And How Can I Pass Them?
- What Happens If I Refuse To Take A Field Sobriety Test In Texas?
- What Happens If I Refuse To Give A Breath Or Blood Specimen?
Being charged with a DWI in Austin Texas can be stressful and scary. Many people who get stopped and charged with a DWI are not sure of what exactly is going to happen with them. However, seeking help and guidance from an experienced Austin TX DWI defense attorney can alleviate some of their stress and take some of their troubles away.
The DWI defense attorneys in Austin, Texas at Blackburn Betts PLLC have been defending individuals facing a driving while under the influence charge in Austin, Texas and surrounding areas. Our attorneys know how to get a DWI charge reduced or dismissed. Our lawyers also understand the different situations and circumstances surrounding the DWI arrest that can impact your case. For example, if it was a repeat offense, you will face harsher sentencing, that will require a good Austin TX DWI defense attorney by your side. Similarly, if you had a minor travelling with you in the vehicle at the time of arrest, you will face an aggravated DWI charge which carries harsher penalties. Similarly, if you refuse to take a Field Sobriety Test at the time of the investigation, the penalties associated with the DWI charge will increase.
How can a DWI Defense Attorney Help?
Most first-time offenders have no familiarity with the Texas criminal justice system. They also fail to understand that a DWI charge is a misdemeanor criminal offense, and once convicted, it will stay on their record for the rest of their life. Such people often feel scared and overwhelmed with what they may be up against, which is rightfully so because a criminal charge should not be taken lightly.
A DWI conviction is a criminal conviction which carries severe consequences. It impacts a person’s future employment options, their ability to pursue further studies and also impacts their social and personal life. However, the good thing is that with the help of an experienced Austin TX DWI defense attorney, you can have the charge reduced or dismissed. Our DWI defense attorneys in Austin, Texas make sure that you get your driving privileged back so you can go about your life and daily activities normally.
It is also important to understand that a DWI charge or arrest does not mean that you have been convicted of the crime. If you have an experienced and qualified Austin TX DWI defense attorney by your side to defend you, you won’t have to be worried.
Contact our DUI Defense Attorneys
The DWI defense attorneys in Austin, Texas at our office have been representing clients facing DWI charges in Austin, TX. Our lawyers and attorneys have the knowledge and experience needed to defend drunken driving cases. Our DWI defense attorneys can also answer any questions you may have regarding your arrest and the defense strategy that can be used to have the charges reduced or dismissed. Some common questions that are asked by someone who may be stopped and arrested for a DWI in Austin, Texas are listed above. Contact our DWI defense lawyers and attorneys to get answers to these and more questions.
Call For A Free Case Evaluation