Domestic violence occurs within domestic relationships. This type of violence is not only referred to the violence between the two intimate partners but may also explain other household violence, for instance, violence towards children, parents or among siblings of the same household.
It is one of the most important as well as rising social issues in the US and around the world that needs to be addressed. Many nonprofit organizations work to prevent and provide maximum support to the victim of domestic violence. According to National Statistics Domestic Violence Fact Sheet, almost 20 people per minute fall victim to physical abuse by the intimate partner; that means in one year, there are more than 10 million men and women that are abused physically. Therefore, having a criminal defense attorney by your side can help you in this need of hour, and if needed can file a settlement claim against the sustained injuries.
- Does An Alleged Victim Need To Show Injuries For A Domestic Violence Charge To Be Made?
- Can Voluntary Counseling Completed Before Trial Help My Domestic Violence Case?
- Can Self-Defense Be A Viable Defense To A Domestic Violence Charge?
- Can I See My Children While My Family Violence Case Is Pending?
- What Are The Penalties For Assault Family Violence In Texas?
- How Can I Help My Spouse Get Released After A Domestic Violence Arrest?
- The Victim In My Domestic Violence Case Has Dropped Charges Against Me. Why Hasn’t My Case Been Dismissed?
- What Are The Consequences Of Having A Domestic Violence Case On My Record?
- How Can I Get A Family Violence Case Erased From My Record?
- What Is An Affidavit Of Non-Prosecution? How Will It Affect My Case?
- Can The Prosecutors Try My Family Violence Case Without The Complaining Witness?
- Can I Be Charged With Family Violence If I Assault My Roommate?
- I Finished Deferred Adjudication On My Domestic Violence Case. How Do I Get My Records Sealed?
- What Should I Do If My Girlfriend Keeps Texting Me And There Is A Protection Order Against Me?
- How Long Does A Restraining Order, Or Protective Order, Remain in Effect In Texas?
- Can I Ask The Judge And Have The Protective Order Dropped?
- What Happens If I Am Accused Of Violating A Protective Order?
- Will An Order Of Protection Be Placed Against Me In A Domestic Violence Case?
Call For A Free Case Evaluation